Saturday, March 24, 2012

Last fall in Biochemistry, we had to use "iClicker" remotes to answer multiple-choice questions that showed we were present and understanding the material. Instead of being required to buy one, each student put down a deposit of twenty bucks to be able to use one for the semester. Imagine my dismay when I opened my pencil case in Panama and found my clicker still inside, unreturned! One brief email exchange later, I was reassured that I could return the clicker in May for a refund. However, since I spent spring break in Costa Rica with my parents, I entrusted them with the task of returning the clicker when we all parted ways yesterday morning. Below are some selected photos of the clicker's journey through Panama and Costa Rica protected by a plastic bag:

Sunrise over Gamboa


At a mangrove


Going to Barro Colorado Island


View from Arenal Observatory Lodge of the volcano


One of many beautiful designs made for us at The Common Cup


In all likelihood few biochemistry students remove clickers from their backpacks outdoors, but a rogue ecologist knows how to show some metal and plastic a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment